ACNE: HOW TO GET BEAUTIFUL SKIN AFTER SUMMER?
It is undeniable: summer is everyone's favorite season. While this wonderful season brings with it its share of relaxation, the warmer months can also leave you with clogged pores and a few blackheads in the process.
While summer is well and truly over, there is a good chance - if you have combination / oily skin - that your skin is currently totally unbalanced.
Before embracing cooler climates and starting to stock your winter wardrobe, here's everything you need to know about post-summer acne plus a little beauty routine to adopt!
Why do more pimples appear at the end of the summer?
The main culprit in post-summer acne is the sun. During the hot season, the sun's rays dry out the skin and neutralize the bacteria that cause breakouts. In addition, to protect against ultraviolet rays, the skin thickens and your tan hides the lesions. It is believed that the sun and acne are good friends, but it is, in fact, totally wrong!
When the summer is over, the skin becomes thinner and regains its initial texture. This is the source of your unwanted acne breakouts.
So what to do and what not to do?
Here is a quick overview of the habits to choose, the mistakes not to make, and a complete, gentle routine to adopt.
We have chosen 4 main themes for you: HYGIENE, DIET, LIFESTYLES, BEAUTY ROUTINE.
Impeccable hygiene, I will adopt:
Small details that should not be overlooked to avoid the proliferation of bacteria:
- We change his pillowcase and we wash our makeup brushes at least once a week.
- If we use washable makeup remover wipes, we change them at least every 3 days.
- We avoid sticking our phone to his cheek.
- You don't touch your skin without having previously washed their hands.
- We avoid having the hair stuck to the face (for those who have bangs, tie them up as soon as possible, in the evening when coming home or at night).
A chosen diet, I will favor:
Pampering your gut: Beautiful skin is also played inside, the role of food and digestion is essential. Controlled diet helps detoxify the body.
- Everyone is different, but among inflammatory foods pointed out as factors aggravating skin problems we often find the gluten and the lactose. We avoid consuming it every day. For cheese lovers, we prefer goat and sheep cheeses.
- Favor green vegetables, legumes, and foods with a low glycemic index. Your body eliminates them more easily.
- Limit animal protein: why not try to vary the pleasures with 3 meals per week containing meat, 1 or 2 with fish / shrimp etc. (yes yes we are making a little effort) and integrate eggs into your meals. Give pride of place to salads, soups, vegetable gratins, vegetarian lasagna etc.
- Avoid processed food (ready-made dishes, junk food)
- Avoid white sugar: did you know that it is possible to replace it with date puree or applesauce in your dessert recipes!
- Drink water without waiting to be thirsty, at least 1.5 liters. Consume pure, or as an infusion, tea or detox water. Remember that your skin becomes hydrated with the water you drink and that cosmetic treatments maintain its hydrolipidic film. They don't hydrate, but they nourish.
- Add fermented foods and probiotics. They are ideal for good digestion.
Lifestyle habits, I will promote:
- Play sports to sweat and thus eliminate toxins from your body but also evacuate stress. You do not know what to do or are short of time here is a simple and easy idea to implement: 30 minutes of daily walk in one go or divided during the day.
- Adopt dry brushing, an ancestral method recognized to stimulate lymphatic drainage and detoxify the body. Before or after showering, take a few minutes to brush your body with a natural fiber brush. Once or twice a week, make circular movements from the lower body upwards towards the heart.
- Choose a relaxing activity that's right for you whether it is yoga, meditation, reading, or listening to music, may be important as long as you make time for yourself. 10 to 15 minutes a day in a quiet place ... And if we put that in your to do list so as not to go through it!
A simple and effective beauty routine, I will choose:
Acne-prone skin needs to be hydrated, nourished and soothed. We choose gentle and non-comedogenic care. The use of inappropriate skincare products promotes blemishes.
Can you use oils on acne-prone skin? Yes of course and it is even recommended because they will cleanse gently while preserving the hydrolipidic film of the skin. Oils, due to their composition naturally close to sebum, have an excellent affinity with the skin whatever its problem. You just have to choose them well.
We opt for a regular beauty routine and we are patient. The skin takes an average of 28 days to renew itself. It is therefore counterproductive to change your routine too regularly to test new “miracle” products and to multiply the care steps to obtain rapid results.
- We cleanse and remove make-up from his skin every night:
You can clean your face using Hypnos - especially because it contains sesame oil for the most part, which is sebum-regulating, cleansing and healing -, or simply with jojoba oil that is rinsed with lukewarm water using a Konjac sponge or washcloth.
- We then spray a Soothing Organic Peppermint Mist:
It rebalances the skin's pH, purifies the skin, tightens the pores, calms inflammation, prepares the skin to receive the following treatments while facilitating their absorption.
- We apply an anti-imperfection and moisturizing serum:
Apply 2 to 3 drops of serum A to cleanse the skin, tighten the pores and even out the complexion. Formulated with black seed oil and tea tree oil, soothing and purifying, they prevent the formation of small acne pimples and calm irritation.
- We spray a Soothing Organic Peppermint Mist
You refresh your skin with the mist of Organic Peppermint. If you have cleaned your skin well in the evening, it is not necessary to cleanse your skin again in the morning.
- Apply your moisturizing serum
We apply according to the severity of his acne, the Acne serum on its own or, if your acne is not too severe, a moisturizing serum for combination skin (Iris serum) or oily (Gaia serum). If necessary locally massage a little bit of serum A on your pimples before applying the serums Iris Where Gaia.
- We exfoliate gently once a week with a green clay mask to purify the skin, remove impurities, tighten pores, soften the skin, fade acne scars and promote the effectiveness and penetration of the treatments afterwards.
Green clay is excellent for combination, oily and / or acne-prone skin.
Prepare, in a glass bowl, a mask with 3 tablespoons of green clay and 2/3 tablespoons of Soothing Organic Peppermint Mist. Apply it on your face, avoiding the eye area. Leave on for 5 to 8 minutes without letting the clay dry (it must always remain damp so as not to dry out the skin, if necessary spray a little Soothing Organic Peppermint Mist). Rinse off with lukewarm water and apply your serum.
And for acne scars
- We apply locally the serum C on the scars by massaging gently.
Just as annoying as pimples, it is important not to wait too long to treat them because the older they are, the longer they may take to fade.
We know that acne affects self-esteem and self-confidence, and we can't say enough about loving and pampering your skin enough. Listen to your skin, take the time to massage it, offer it a real sensory care ritual and let it breathe, it will give it back to you! Perfect skin doesn't exist.
We hope these few tips will help you. Do not hesitate to ask your questions and share your beauty routines.
DEHYDRATED SKIN: it...
Dehydrated skin is often confused with dry skin. But all skin types (normal, combination, oily and dry) can have dehydrated skin. And it affects wo...Read More
Although redness on the face is not unusual, it can cause embarrassment, especially if it’s chronic and accompanied by inflammation / pimples...Read More
I HAVE SPOTS ON THE...
Tinea versicolor is a common, non-contagious, but very unsightly skin disease. What is tinea versicolor?It is in fact a superficial mycosis of the ...Read More